Are you looking for best tools & resources that will help you supercharge your Blog? When You pick any professional blogging tool, Make sure that it’s full of features and is valued for money.
A) Self Hosted Solution
My recommendation for blogging platforms is pretty clear – WordPress.org. For the last 10 years I’ve not build a blog on any other platform and it is also the blogging platform of choice of most other bloggers today.
A couple of other platforms exist of course including:
- wordpess – a free hosted blogging platform
- Blogger– another free hosted option – owned by Google
Recommended Reading: Blog Platform
Your Own Domain Host and Design solution
There are many hosting services available for bloggers.
BlueHost – WordPress has been recommending Bluehost for web hosting With 1-click WordPress installation, 24/7 support, and a super affordable rate, Bluehost is a great option for building your first website or blog.
Note: if you a lot of traffic and this service would probably be overkill for many blogs which is why I recommend starting with Simple Hosting. Once Traffic Increase you can contact web Host for Better Solution.
If you want domain you can Buy Domain from any Registrar.
There are tens of thousands of blog themes available for WordPress blogs or Scripts. My only word of advice is to choose one that is updated regularly for holes in security as you do not want to get your blog hacked with a poorly designed template.
The premium theme supplier that I have used over the years and highly recommend is StudioPress .
There Simply Buy Theme From any theme Seller . Once Download you can contact with developers for customization.
Blogging Hardware or physical tools:
- Herman Miller chair for pro-bloggers. Read the benefits here.
- Yeti Blue mic for voice recording and podcasting.
- Macbook for exceptional performance and mobility.
Hiring Content Writers:
- Camtasia (This is the video recording tool I use for creating videos for my Youtube channel.
- SocialBot (This is the only tool I use for Keyword research and discovery.
Tools for Graphic Design
- Canva– an online graphic design tool that even someone like I can create decent visuals for my blog with! Great for creating graphics for social media.
- PicMonkey– another useful tool for creating visual content for your blog
- 99designs– need some graphics, a logo or some other design element created by a pro? Check out the services offered by the thousands of designers at 99designs.
- 24slides– are a team of professional presentation designers who specialise in building awesome PowerPoints, Keynotes and more. An efficient service to make you look good.
Tools and Services for Email Marketing
- AWeber– a email/newsletter management tool that I used on all my blogs
- MailChimp– another email provider that I use on a couple of my blogs – very reliable with some great features and the most popular service among our readers.
- ConvertKit– a tool we’re just starting to experiment with that looks very promising. Built from the ground up for bloggers.
- Feedblitz– a great tool for managing your RSS feeds and email
- SumoMe– a tool to help you collect email addresses through a variety of popups, hello bars, welcome mats and other innovative tools.
- OptinMonster– a similar tool to SumoMe
- LeadPages– a powerful tool to create landing pages for your blog.
Tools for Social Media Management
- Edgar– a social media tool that has revolutionised the way that I approach my social media strategy. It’s very powerful and allows you to make the work you put into creating your tweets and social updates to keep working for you indefinitely.
- Sprout Social– a tool that manages most of my day to day social media interactions on Twitter and Facebook.
- CoSchedule– A tool that we first started using to help us create an editorial calendar for ProBlogger but which does so much more including scheduling some of our social media messaging – all from within WordPress.
Tools for Productivity and Team Management
- Evernote– where I manage a lot of my brainstorming, note taking, capturing of ideas, writing of blog posts and much much more!
- Slack– the tool we use for our team’s internal communications.
- Trello– another tool that we use internally for communications and project management
- Fantastical– a great calendar app for Macs and iOS.
- Wunderlist– my todo list application
Other Blogging Resources and Tools
- BuzzSumo– a fantstic tool for analysing how well content is being shared on your site (or anyone else’s)
- MarsEdit– a little Mac blog editor that allows me to write content and upload it to my blog without actually logging into WordPress
- E-Junkie– another solution for a shopping cart if you’re selling products from your blog. It’s not as powerful as Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) but is very simple to set up and use. We have used it on both of my blogs over the years but are now shifting to EDD.
- Auphonic– a great little online tool that we use in our production of podcasts to level out different tracks and levels.
- Zoom– a tool that we use for webinars but also to broadcast to Facebook Live video that allows bringing on guests and screen sharing.
- ScreenFlow– a tool for recording Screencasting
- Grammarly– a very cool Chrome extension that checks your spelling and grammar for you!
- Google Analytics– a great free metrics/statistics program. It’s an industry standard, you need to have it installed!
- Copyscape is a free plagiarism checker. The software lets you detect duplicate content and check if your articles are original.
- AdSense– Googles Ad network – one of the most used monetization strategies for bloggers.
- Amazon Associates– make money recommending products from the biggest online store.
Recommended Reading – How I make Money Blogging
NOTE: many of the links on this page are affiliate links and will earn TouristGuide a small commission if you signup to the services. This adds no cost to you .It’s also worth noting that almost all resources mentioned on this page are resources that I’m a signed up, paid up and regular user of. You can opt any Services with advise of your Experts.